NYSA is looking for a passionate, detail-oriented and focused volunteer coordinator to be responsible for developing and managing our database of volunteers and volunteer opportunities. The volunteer coordinator’s responsibilities include recruiting and training new volunteers, keeping a database of volunteer information and skill sets, matching volunteers to opportunities that suit their skills, keeping volunteers informed and motivated, and conveying the organization’s purpose to the volunteers.
The successful volunteer coordinator should be outgoing and meticulous about keeping records as well as passionate about supporting youth. You will be expected to uphold the values of our organization while ensuring the comfort and security of our volunteers.
Volunteer Coordinator Responsibilities:
- Developing and expanding our Volunteer Engagement Program
- Recruiting, training, and supervising new volunteers.
- Collecting volunteer information, availability, and skills, and maintaining an up-to-date database.
- Using marketing tools such as outreach programs, social media, e-mails, and volunteer databases.
- Keeping new and existing volunteers informed about the organization and volunteer opportunities.
- Matching volunteers to opportunities that suit their skill sets, and ensuring they understand their responsibilities and receive proper training.
- Organizing training and leading on-the-job training.
- Keeping schedules and records of volunteers’ work.
- Incorporating NYSA’s code of conduct and using its operating procedures to uphold the organization’s values in the minds of volunteers.
- Ensuring the organization’s mission is conveyed to, and understood by its volunteers.
Volunteer Coordinator Requirements:
- An outgoing extrovert with an eye for detail, who loves to work with people.
- An undergraduate degree or equivalent work experience in marketing, human resources, or another related field.
- Experience in volunteering and volunteer recruitment.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft 365 and Teams environments.
- Working knowledge of database maintenance.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organization and team-building skills.
Express Interest in Volunteering
We're sorry, but we're no longer accepting new volunteers for this opportunity.