- We are Approachable
- We meet clients and partners both as who and where they are while recognizing their potential.
- We value Open Communication
- Clients – encourage awareness of behaviour choices and their possible effects on life. We encourage and model personal responsibility.
- Staff – within the purview of PIPA, we communicate openly and collaboratively amongst ourselves as staff, and welcome a diversity of ideas and constructive feedback. Our staff are familiar with all programming areas for intra-agency effectiveness. Open communication includes humour and lightness when and where appropriate.
- We expect Collaborative Decision Making
- Clients – helping youth navigate healthy transitions to adulthood and citizenry.
- Community – we work collaboratively with each other as a team, as an agency and as a community. We strive to work as partners with youth and their families to help them realize their potential.
- We aspire to be Creative
- Building on the agency’s foundational successes, we anticipate, are aware of and respond creatively to changing dynamics and landscapes.
- We focus on Building Trust
- Our clients, partners, funders, the community and a broad range of stakeholders can rely on our word and be certain that we will deliver on our commitments.
- We require Personal Responsibility
- Staff take responsibility for their personal and professional development, being honest about agency successes and owning up to our human fallibilities.
- We value Independence
- Staff are independent, inter-dependent and interconnected within and outside of our agency and its operations.
Wage Subsidies Provided
Modelling a culture that instills independence, self-worth and a sense of agency in young people in a welcoming, secure and respectful environment.
Our mission is to provide learning opportunities and support to youth so that they can succeed on their path to independence, while acknowledging that individuals are affected by their physical, mental, emotional and spiritual wellbeing.
Receive Our Newsletter
Sign up to receive regular news from NYSA about it's programming, success stories and other items of interest.
NYSA acknowledges our work takes place on Coast Salish territories and primarily the lands of the Snuneymuxw people.