Monitors and attends to the well-being and safety of residents. Maintains administrative records and a clean living environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitors residents and attends to any concerns or behavioural needs that arise.
- Follows through on direction regarding specific residents left by the day staff.
- Facilitates evening programs, workshops, and community events as identified.
- Responds to emergencies in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Facilitates required check-in meetings with young people residing within the housing programs.
- Helps residents with life skills such as cleaning, personal care, meal prep, and budgeting.
- Enforces Housing policies and regulations.
- Monitors regulations and reports to appropriate authorities as required.
- Files and maintains tenancy and client records.
- Maintains Housing Centre data files and forms as needed.
- Ensures that logs and community resources are complete and up to date.
- Performs general housekeeping such as: sanitizing, cleaning common rooms, vacuuming, dusting, emptying garbage and recycling.
- Reports maintenance needs to the Housing Manager.
- Advocating on behalf of residents with community agencies.
- Displays a high degree of confidentiality while working in this position.
- Performs other duties as required.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Post-Secondary education in a related field. A combination of education and previous experience will be considered
- Able to follow direction, learn new tasks quickly and work with minimal supervision
- Must be proficient with Microsoft 365 including word processing, spreadsheet and database software and have knowledge of general office routines. Experience with Microsoft Teams is an asset.
- Demonstrated one-on-one and group facilitation skills
- Must be able to maintain strict professional boundaries and client confidentiality.
- Applied Suicide Intervention Techniques Training certification & Occupational First Aid Level 1 preferred or willingness to obtain upon gaining employment.
- Successful completion of a criminal record check with the vulnerable sector.
The Residential Evening/Nights/Weekend Worker will possess the following attributes:
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to relate to people at all levels and maintain effective working relationships with strong professional boundaries
- Ability to maintain a high degree of discretion and confidentiality while functioning in an environment where time sensitive issues and projects are addressed effectively
- Demonstrated skills in written and oral communication
- Ability to handle conflict, high stress, and crisis situations in a professional manner
- Adaptability, flexibility, and quick to absorb and retain information
- Comfortable working with a wide variety of people exercising a non-judgemental, respectful approach
- Strong professional boundaries.
- Hours vary by shift: shifts run evenings (6pm-2am) seven days a week & weekends day shift.